The first impression that your customers receive is the one that lasts the longest. If a customer can’t reach your company over the phone, you’re going to be fighting an uphill battle in that sales pitch… that is, if they ring back at all.
We at Boosh 365 know SME’s have it tough. There are a variety of excuses for not picking up the phone but when you consider that 85% of all missed calls will not call back, can you afford to let it ring?
Despite advances in modern technology, businesses still receive up to 80% of their communications via telephone and 75% of people will not leave a voicemail and hang-up when confronted with an automated system. Don’t restrict your cash flow.
Answering calls in a quick and professional manner is vital in maximising the profits of your business. Let’s look at the costs you could be facing by missing calls…
- On average, SME employees spend 3.3 hours per week dealing with complaints because they can’t reach employees in a timely manner.
- 7 out of 10 consumers have ended their relationship with a company due to poor customer service. 61% of these consumers take their business to a competitor instead.
- 98% of people (yikes!) say poor phone skills leave a bad impression.
- On average, consumers tell 15 people about good customer service experiences,and 24 people about bad experiences.
- 4 out of 5 people say they’ve lost their patience and hung up when faced with a long call queue.
- SMEs with 100 employees could be leaking £309,000 annually as a result of communication barriers and latency.
And the big one… UK businesses are losing £31.6 billion each year because they fail to answer calls.
Well there you have it, those are some pretty shocking statistics aren’t they?